Minka Kelly-Inspired Summery Makeup


Allison, before


Allison, after






Steps for creating Allison's look:

1.) I applied primer to her entire face to help the makeup go on smoothly. I used my current favorite by Mary Kay.

2.) I applied Urban Decay's Eye Shadow Primer Potion to her lids: This prevents feathering and makes the shadow last longer. I've found that there are cheaper versions that work just as well, or you can use concealer.

3.) Using a foundation brush, I applied a foundation two shades darker than her skin tone to deepen her complexion (Not recommended for everyday, but for pictures, it can work). I blended down into her neck so there was no sharp demarcation. Mixed into the foundation were a couple drops of Lorac's Oil-Free Luminizer in L2, which is a deep bronze.

4.) I used Cover Girl's Cheekers blush in Golden Pink along her cheekbones. To emphasize a tanned look, I applied NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny in a three-shape motion along her temples, cheekbones, and outer jawline. The goal is to hit the high points of the face in a way that highlights the center and gives the
bronze tone dimension.

5.) Black eyeliner was applied to both the top and bottom lids. Using Urban Decay's Naked palette, a mix of Smog and Buck was applied as the base to the lid. Virgin was applied to the brow bone and inner corners for highlight. I topped the shadow with an orange hue from the Coastal Scents 88 Shimmering Palette to emphasize a golden look. False demi-lashes were applied to the outer top lids to make the eyes stand out.

6.) A light dusting of Make Up For Ever's HD Powder was applied to the entire face.

7.) On her lips, I applied YSL's Rouge Volupte in 13, also an orange hue that emphasizes a tan.

I have no allegiance to a particular brand and want to emphasize that any brand of makeup will work for this look. I just mention the brands in case someone wants to buy these particular shades.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Money Scam Using Vogue Magazine's Name

How to Build the Life of Your Dreams and Save it in the Process

What I Learned: Doing Beauty Makeup for a Pro Photographer