70s and 80s Makeup: A Flashback

The 70s and 80s tend to get skipped over in makeup retrospectives. I'm oddly inspired by the decades' excess, extravagance, and all sorts of current-day rule breaking. My inspirations for these images were some of the late 70s/early 80s models: Gia Carangi, early Janice Dickinson. Their makeup was marked by dark earth tones, sculpted cheeks, and a lot of eyeshadow. For the 80s, I tried to do a fresh take on the baby blue eye makeup and frosty pink lipstick: I used navy blue to line Lauren's eyes and went with a more subdued nude color on her lips.

Lauren, 80s makeup










Allison, 70s makeup





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Money Scam Using Vogue Magazine's Name

How to Build the Life of Your Dreams and Save it in the Process

What I Learned: Doing Beauty Makeup for a Pro Photographer