A Moment of Pride


Yesterday, I did makeup for a professional photographer for the first time. Today, I got a glimpse of one of her photos: The image's beauty just stopped me cold; my heart swelled. I felt equally proud of the photographer and the subject in the photos: Without all three of us working so well together, the results wouldn't have been so good.

Please indulge me as a savor a moment of pride. Anytime one pursues a creative field, there are dark moments when you doubt you will ever make it, that you're fooling yourself, that maybe you're just not any good.

I've pushed ahead anyway, facing a lot of rejection. I expect plenty more. But right now, just looking at this image, I'm just going to feel happy.

More information about the photographer, Rebecca Brown, is on my page at facebook.com/makeupbyELM. I highly recommend her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Money Scam Using Vogue Magazine's Name

How to Build the Life of Your Dreams and Save it in the Process

What I Learned: Doing Beauty Makeup for a Pro Photographer