Why I Don't #FF




FF - originally a hashtag for Friday Follow on Twitter - has morphed and is on many social networking sites. I never got into FF on Twitter, but there are a few people I follow - Daniel Sandler, James Vincent - who do Follow Fridays with a purpose: They will promote people that they think will benefit people with their interests. I take their advice the way I do when a reputable reviewer gives a product a nod: More often than not, the recommendation turns out to be rewarding, interesting, etc.

Why I don't like Follow Friday: Many use it now to promote their friends, creating a sense of an online clique. I never liked cliques in high school, and I still don't. The most interesting, talented people I found independently and by using my own mind. I trust most people can do the same. If I promote someone, it's often someone I don't know personally, but who is talented and hasn't been discovered by many yet. People's time is at a premium: I don't waste it promoting products I don't really like. That sensibility extends to other areas.

My ultimate philosophy is cream rises to the top: People who offer something of substance to a wide variety of people will gain a following by themselves. Youtube beauty reviewer Emily Eddington marvels in her earliest videos that she has 1,000 subscribers. She now has over 200,000.  A large following may not happen instantly, but the laws of attraction and talent eventually even the scales.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Money Scam Using Vogue Magazine's Name

Product Review: Kett Hydro Foundation

How to Build the Life of Your Dreams and Save it in the Process