1. I am sooooo tired of saying "contouring and highlighting."
2. I want to timestamp my starting point to prove it was once an original idea.
3. I use pretentious words like "undertone" all the time.
4. I keep having to kick back the prototypes because the "undertone" isn't quite the perfect balance of shading I wanted.
5. I don't go on Sephora.com anymore, because every 2.3 seconds, another contour/highlighter has launched.
6. I still go on Sephora.com because I need to see the 1,800 contour/highlighters that have launched in the past six months.
7. I still love the concept of contouring and highlighting, but I hate the way it's become just a gimmick to ride the trend. Don't put a brown powder in a pan and push it for $40. It's truly harder than that.
8. I've had to think smarter/harder now that the market has been flooded. I both love and hate the challenge. When I bemoaned this challenge, a friend gave me this advice: "Thousands of restaurants make hamburgers. Make the best one."